Sunday 22 September 2013

Strange messages from the past

I've been looking through some old sketchbooks from around 5 years ago and was surprised that some of the stuff in them wasn't completely awful. In fact there were a couple of ideas that I might actually revisit at some point. Whilst I'm working on Ghost Foetus (and a special 'story' starring the amazing Steve the Brick) I thought I'd share some of them.

First up is the Barn-owl, Countryside Avenger. Elsewhere in the sketchbook (next to a really crappy drawing of him), it says that his powers include milking and dry stone walling. I particularly like his leather elbow pads and gardening shears.


Next is a character design for a character that I described as 'The Head of High Society', because 'high society' is a place you can go if you have enough money (of course). It also says that after a terrible accident his brain had to be placed inside a carriage clock. I don't know why that would be the case. There are some other pictures where his hands emerge from an eyeball, which I like better really.


Next: Ghost Dog is a great film (that I need to watch again). Obviously if there was a sequel it would go down a much more literal route.


More character designs. These are two of the most ridiculous ideas for superheroes I think I could come up with. I don't know what else to say about them other than that finding this picture made me really happy and 'I have someone that feeds me!' is a great battle cry.


Finally, a couple of sketches for Justice Badger. The first one is proof that I really should have shaded the comic with pencil rather than biro. The second is an unused character, the Cyborg-Pirate-Hedgehog, who probably would have turned up if the comic had got past one issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment